10.13.2008

Dome Sale & Afterparty.

I nixed my old compiled post about the sale and decided to go a little more straight to the point...

Sale was rad, thanks to everyone who came out and showed us the support!! I got to talk to a lot of friends and customers from in the shop, and saw some new faces too. Hope you all come visit us in the shop throughout this season!!!

Big ups and thanks to the pros that made it out, specifically the ones I got to chat with and share stories about life....Mikey LeBlanc, Hannah Teter, Todd Richards, Louis-Felix Paradis, Tim Humphreys, and Max Baillargeon. You guys and gal all rule for making the trek to our event.

Also thanks to the reps who brought out their athletes...Patrick Lawrence, Sean Pearsalls, Susie Steck, Tim & Gillian Brennan, and Adam Kiliszek. We appreciate your support.

I'll just straight shoot this as highlights from the night...

First off, Mikey is always a pleasure to hang out with. We always tend to have the most interesting and pivotal life conversations. You're an exploding burst of energy too Mikey, haha, and no I will not do any shots in our hanging outs again in the future...holy crap. They are always the demise of my evening, haha. Seriously though, such a fun time. I am truly honored and thankful to have such a good friend to share such nice experiences and talks with. You know when you have good connections with certain people because when you don't see each other or talk very often, but when you do see each other again, it's like you never skipped a beat. And seriously, next time you're in Toronto, call up my friend Ariel, he'll take good care of you and your crew and show you guys some spots. Word. Until next time! Ride party at Hunter in December?

Todd was super rad. We didn't get to chat that much, but from what we did talk he seemed like a super nice guy. It was awesome to put a personality to the photos and snowboarding I have been watching for over the last decade. Thanks so much Todd for coming out and showing your support. I am super stoked on Omatic and wish you and your crew nothing but the best. I rode the Wig Out for like half the season last year and that board crushed it, absolutely loved it. If my good friend from SLC ever gets his footage together, I'll send you a little spring riding clip of us having fun playing around, of which the whole day was spent on that board. I know everyone has heard that one a million times, I don't have the footage....grrrrr, haha.

Hannah, SO SWEET!!! Seriously just a very nice and down to earth badass shred chic. I'm so stoked I got the opportunity to meet her and it was super fun getting to chat briefly. Stoked on 'Hannah's Gold' too. Hope your travels to VT after our event went well, and we hope you had a great time!! I remember when Susie said you could make it out, and we were stoked to have a female rider come represent. Myself especially, for the obvious reasons, haha. Keep on killing it!!!

Tim Humphreys, you are one hilarious dude. We got to share some good conversation as well. I liked when we were talking about how when you accomplish a certain trick or feature through the season, like a major accomplishment, and then when you come back the next season...think to yourself, damn, did i really do that, and can i do it again?! Haha. So true. But you know what? Your riding is proof that you're killing it over and over and just keep pushing progression. Keep up all the good work. Wish you nothing but the best!!!

Louis-Felix Paradis & Max Baillargeon have amazing french accents. I'm sorry, but that's just plain hot. Everybody that knows me knows that I don't get star struck (those days are long long gone, probably after I met Bam Margera in like '98), but I do have a soft spot for accents. Haha. Anyway, in all seriousness these two were great to have at our event. Super friendly and just great attitudes. Not to mention their riding both destroys. Louif has a killer part in Transworld's 'These Days' video, and Max is also crushing it with Sugar Shack in 'Pleasure Inc'. Keep up the great work and congrats on all your successes this far!!!

We hope all of you are able to make it back out next year as well!!! Also a big thank you to all the ski athletes that were able to make it: Tanner Hall, Daron Rahlves, Tommy Moe, Ahmet Dadali, Tim Russell, Mike Clarke, Eric Pollard, Andy Mahre, and Sage Cattabriga-Alosa. You guys were also all so super nice!

I think that's about it...here's some photos from some reps...they're only from the actual sale and none from the afterparty...I think everyone was too busy at the afterparty....staying busy....haha. Enjoy!

Tim was giving away free mustaches, even to himself.

Mikey, Todd, Hannah, Tim, & Sean cold chillin.

My good friend Nick and his girlfriend stoked on their new Omatic decks!! Have fun in CO next year you two!!!

Apparently giving away free mustaches makes Tim sleepy.

Hahahahaha.

One thing I realized that's great about autograph signings, a bunch of people with sharpies = lots of silly drawings. There's more where this came from...

Tim, stoked on giving away some free mustaches!!! Kids, also stoked?! Haha.

Until next time....thanks again everyone for helping to make this great! Big thank you to Gary and Vicki who made this all possible. You're like the ski parents that I never had and always wanted.

Until next year....or the next major epic event this year....hold onto those crazy memories. There will be many more to be made soon!!!

XO/sarah

No comments: