10.25.2008

Over It.

I have always loved this statement. It's fascinating to me that two words could describe so much. What an all encompassing term. It's actually pretty amazing. In any conversation, in any context you can combine these words and it is instantly implied the point you are getting to.

I could elaborate on that point, but I don't really think it's necessary. The thing that is great about being "Over It" is you usually find actual tangible reasons to reinforce your already strong feelings of not feeling. Saying you are "Over It" is the first verbal step in understanding your own personal decision to move on from a thought process or situation that is not something that lines up with what you believe. Then there is the other side to that sword, that you are possibly using being "Over It" as a cover up for actually being not over it. The funny thing abou this second idea is that it is usually coming from the person(s) or situation that you are directly "Over". Hmmm...what an anomaly. Imagine that, the human nature trying to persuade otherwise....

I am here to play devil's advocate.

I rarely use this term in the way others do. I use it in a thought process related manner. Through almost deductive reverse reasoning. It's almost as though when all reasons to not be "Over It" are stripped away, is when you are officially "Over It". Because if there is nothing left to put your efforts and thoughts into, than what are you really accomplishing? What the hell are you really doing?

The point is. You can't always listen to what others want you to think and do, especially on the deepest personal life level, those decisions really are truly up to yourself. In this world of do this, do that, live this way, act like this, don't act like that, conformist, non-conformist, opinion, reality, perception, this is real, that is not real, i am this way, i will not be that way, society is wrong, society is right, spotlight is on you.... We all need to really start thinking more for ourselves, and stop relying so much on others. Make your own life decisions... You really are the one who knows best for yourself. Don't let others tell you that you are or aren't "Over It". Or that you are or aren't anything...can or can't...will or won't...

You decide....

And when you're busy thinking about that, I'll be pushing aside what I am "Over" and focusing on those things that I am NOT quite "Over" yet....because those are the things I want to put my energy and focus into...instead of wasting my time with all the things I've already moved on and away from....

WORD.

No comments: